Friday, March 19, 2010

Delivery!

Two nights ago I resorted to retail therapy (horrible horrible horrible day) and I ended the night purchasing a pair of Vibram's five finger shoes. I know, retail therapy is bad; you always end up spending money on something you probably didn't need but I am going to try to "rationalize" this purchase.

Let's see:
Reason #1 - The shoes, if you are not familiar with them, are supposed to reinforce correct alignment (which I have always struggled with - hence my bum knees and back at age 16). Clearly I need some of that. Additionally, they force your feet to actually work during a workout so they are not just flopping around while your leg muscles do all the work.

Reason #2 - I am obsessed with shoes - like Carrie Bradshaw obsessed with her Manolos obsessed ('nuff said!).

Reason #3 - My hypertraditional sneakers were starting to bother me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my asics...they have done so much for my form! But, I started to wonder if there was an alternative...

Reason #4 - I finally started running again after a three week hiatus and wanted to welcome myself back to the pavement with a little present.

So I ended up getting these http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_classic_f.cfm in hot pink. Because if I am going to look like a runner with alien feet I at least want to do it in an Elle Woods fashion.

UPS couldn't find my house today...lucky me. So they won't make it in time for my morning run but maybe I can squeeze in a quickie at dusk just to give them a whirl? I'll let you know how they go. And obviously how I go with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment